After over 20 years of living in (and mostly loving) London, we decided to move to rural Mid Devon in 2006. Quite a culture shock but I’d hankered after fresh air and a bit of land so that I could grow my own fruit and vegetables. My love of cooking and appreciation of good food has really blossomed here in Devon. Not only was I able to grow my own food at last but I suddenly had direct access to many wonderful local food producers from traditional family farms rearing and selling their own meat to artisan cheese makers.
So, with such wonderful produce on my doorstep, I took the plunge and set up Ruth’s Real Food in 2008. My son is older now and my menu has moved on to incorporate lots of new dishes but my ethos remains as strong as ever.
- All my meals are handmade from scratch
- Meat and eggs will always be free-range from known and trusted local farms
- All meals are free from colouring, additives and preservatives
- All my savoury meals are made without added sugar or salt
- I source as many ingredients from local producers and businesses as possible
- I try to avoid waste – any vegetable waste provides lovely compost for my garden and packaging is recycled
Ruth’s real Food provides a delicious range of frozen ready meals all made in my own Devon kitchen using the best, carefully sourced ingredients. Something for all ages and tastes….family favourites, dinner party dishes and my new range of microwaveable meals suitable for those with smaller appetites. Free home delivery service available in the Crediton area.
The Cider Barn, Hollyford Lane, Stockleigh English, Crediton, EX17 4DE